Saturday 4 May 2019

April Fussycutting sewalong

I thought it would be easy to find fabric for the Fussycutting Sewalong, but I was wrong!! I have so much fabric I thought I was sure to have something. I needed fabric with shapes with angles. For week 16 I needed whole shaped angles and I found some fabric with squares that I had purchases for a Hungry Caterpillar baby quilt. I liked the kaleidoscope effect, so I created another 6 point star.
The squares were the correct size for the whole shape motif, but didn't work for the sections, as no matter how I cut the fabric I ended up it at least half of a motif, and that is not allowed in the 'rules' for prize entry. Week 17 - sections - proved to be difficult. For days I would look through my stash to find angles until I came across this fabric that I had purchased in an op shop for $1 (2 metres of fabric!!).
After moving my template around the fabric numerous times I decided on a cut. Once I made the cut and did the first diamond, I didn't like it. I didn't think there was enough of the pattern.....However, I did make another five diamonds and this is the result.
Here are the four blocks for April, some already sewn into my lap quilt.
April Theme: shapes
Week 14 - curved whole motif
Week 15 - curved sections
Week 16 - angles whole motif
Week 17 - angles sections

No comments:

Post a Comment