Tuesday 21 May 2019

Galloromanic Mosaic

I started two other mystery projects:the new Simply Colourful mystery quilt; and Ulas Quiltpage BOM - what was I thinking!!!! I admit, I'm addicted to mystery quilts, and simply can't help myself.
Back in 2013, I came across a BOM called 'My Home is my Castle', it was foundation paper piecing and I hadn't done a lot of foundation piecing 'sew' thought I'd have a go. See my 2013 progress here. I loved the process and enjoyed adding my own touch with fabric of people and animals looking out the windows. Each month was another piece of the whole picture. Each block was 8"x 8" and can be made more elaborate if one chooses. See the link for completed blocks from other quilters.
 I checked back with Ulas webpage every now and then but missed the next BOM, which was 2016, but found this one for 2019. Once the BOM is complete, the pattern will no longer be free and can be purchased. The 2019 BOM is called Galloromanic Mosaic and will finish 40"x 40" and is inspired by a travel quilter, who visited the excavations of the Gallo-Roman villa Seviac on a hill near Montreal, Canada. It is a 12 month BOM and started in April. This is my version of the April block.
 I'm really please with the colours chosen, except for the yellow - I don't like yellow, 'sew' don't have a lot of yellow fabric.I did change some of the colours, but felt the yellow was needed. Maybe next time I'm at the fabric shop I'll pick up a couple of yellow FQ's. May's block was added to April's block. Now to wait until June for the next section.
 I love creating and sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment