Wednesday 3 April 2019

Lap Quilt Progress

Back on the mainland now and heading home, which I'm sort of looking forward to. It will be great to see the granddaughters and also to finish Moda Blockheads 2 and Quiltville Mystery - Good Fortune, both of which I had to stop as we were traveling and power was not going to be a priority so hand sewing was in order. I did intend to do more of the Farmers Wife Blocks, but I guess I we were too busy sightseeing and creating a quilt from the Fussycutting Sewalong. Not to worry. Of course when we get home we will have other house stuff to do also 😏
This week saw week 12 of the #fussycuttingsewalong and the theme for the week was whole motive, outside circle. That completes March. April theme is freestyle, that makes it hard. What colour, what theme, what should I do.
I think I will try to incorporate this weeks block into my fussycutting lap quilt. The lap quilt is coming along. I have added a border of black on white fussycutting 1 1/2" hexie roses and 1 1/2" diamond floral light mauve diamonds.
 I like the way the border looks with the scrappy diamond stars/hexies.
 Yesterday I decided to make a star for each corner of the large hexie. I'm not sure what I'll do next 😮

What are you doing this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment