Monday 25 March 2019

From little things.....

Another week traveling and hand stitching, and loving every minute. My little lap quilt is slowly getting bigger, but still hanging on the window.
Week 10 of the #fussycuttingsewalong, hosted by @naomiealicec was central motif using vintage theme. I was fortunate to be near a fabric store in Burnie, Tasmania and popped into see what they had. I ended up with some fabric with old cameras on it. (I found out later that there was a better stocked fabric store, not far from where we were camping.)
Trying to find a repeat was difficult, but I managed with the central motif for week 10. I like the little spider web in the centre.
Week 11 was sections, inside or out. I actually made two for this week, the first I thought I had used too much of the picture, but I like the way it turned out.
I used the same camera picture, but less of it to make the second star, and I like that also.
The more diamond star I make, the more I start thinking about what will go around the next row of the quilt
Last week i said I was challenging myself to make at least one flower per day. Here is what I achieved last week - as well as stitching Peter's new pants and taking up the sleeves of my new 'Michael Waugh' shirt. I did make the 7 flowers - count them - and some extras that I may use this week or next. Using up all the little scraps.
I do like going to fabric shops when we travel as I can often pick up some scrap bags or different FQ of fabric. These FQs were $1 each and the bundle of 5 FQ was $12.
 I also like going into op shops and second shops as one never knows what they will find there.
All this fabric, 4 magazines and the two beautiful circular appliqued centerpieces were a total of $10!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment