Monday 11 March 2019

Fussycutting Sew Along 2019


A new year and we are off in the caravan again for 3-4 months, 'sew' hand sewing will be the norm. Last year I did a hexagon fussy cutting sew along with Naomi Clarke, and this year her sew along is six point diamond stars. I don't carry a lot of fabric in the caravan, but I did have a 6 piece pack of pink an black fabrics that had a tiny bit of coral on them so that's the fabric I used for January Coral theme.
With the first four complete, I wondered what to do with them - make place mats, mug rugs, a table runner, or a quilt. Decided on a lap quilt, but with no pattern in mind it will be what takes my fancy when I get to it. I played with one block and kept adding diamonds and hexies and came up with this.
The month of February was all about love and lines. Again using only fabric I had I made these four blocks.
Of course some weeks we were not traveling as much so I had time to make extra blocks and I found this way of displaying the block until I incorporated used them into the lap quilt. It was lovely to see the blocks on display each day.
I added a row around the centre piece and will add the extra 5 blocks when they are made.
March is about vintage - vintage fabrics, vintage themes etc. Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. A caravan trip for 3 months or so sounds great! Of course you need plenty of hand stitching for those quiet times, in between exploring. Drive safe, and have fun on your trip

    ReplyDelete