Tuesday 5 March 2019

Sew As You Go Place Mats

Followers know that I follow a few YouTube channels regularly, one being The Midnight Quilt Show. While checking old episodes I came across Quilt As You Go Place Mats, so I downloaded the pattern to make in the caravan for a friend we were catching up with in Tasmania. We knew we were staying at a caravan park at the Elvis Festival, and I had power to run my machine, so this was my project. The pattern was super easy and I ended up with 'sew' many bonus half square triangles that I can see matching coasters in the future.
This a pattern I will definitely use again, but maybe make 8 strips instead of ten. Ten would be perfect as a table centre piece. Our friend Caron took this photo of the place mats in her caravan. I think they look great, and I have enough fabric to make another set!!
Now back to hand sewing some epp fussycutting.

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check the pattern Jenny, sew easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I need to find an easy pattern like that too. I like the colors you used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete