Saturday 22 September 2018

Red White and Bluesters - Good Luck ROOSTERS!

When we arrived home from our last adventure I was keen to start the 2018 Moda Blockeads challenge on my sewing machine. Last year I used all shades of brown, and I admit with so much traveling the last 12 months I have still to finish the last 6-8 blocks from that challenge. Downloading the pattern for the first block and needing to decide on a colour theme I thought it is footie finals sew why not make a red white and blue quilt for my ROOSTERS.
I was about 10 blocks behind and once I started it took just over a week to catch up. Of course, then two blocks were released for the following week.
 This block was an applique block but also included a piecing pattern. Sew don't want to do applique right now, so piecing it is.
I'm using one white background fabric and at the moment working with only two dark blue fabrics and 4 red fabrics.
A lot of the blocks have cut off sections, and you know me, I wont waste any fabric. I now have a large collection of 'bonus' half square triangles, some of which I have already used in later blocks.
 There are 46 blocks in total and this week 19 and 20 were released, sew almost half way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment