Thursday 29 November 2018

It's Mystery Time....

I love mystery quilts and I have been doing Bonnie Hunters mystery each year since Orca in 2011. I usually buy one or two fabric colours to use in the quilt and add to my stash. As Bonnie's mysteries are usually scrappy, the past couple of years I have only purchased one piece to use as a constant colour, this year I am making the quilt entirely from my stash - luckily I have enough red fabric to still have a constant...... and it is an Asian fabric!
I always struggle with fabric choices. Last year I used the same colour choices as suggested by Bonnie, but this year I am changing a couple of colours. Red and neutrals I have kept the same, I substituted pinks for orange, and purples for the blues. I've kept the greens BUT I may change my mind!!
I hope I have enough contrast.
Part 1 is hundreds of 4 patches
Clues come out each Friday US time. Waiting for part 2........

Go to Good Fortune Mystery Link up to see what others are doing.

10 comments:

  1. Your 4-patches are looking good! Congratulations on finding everything in your stash for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really didn't expect to, but sew glad I did. LOL

      Delete
  2. I really like how you've changed up the color scheme! Your four patches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a big commitment but I know you enjoy doing these mystery quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love mysteries Jenny, and this one will finish before we go away again, so at least I'll have a finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of the hundreds of people posting to Bonnie's page, I look mostly at the ones who've used different colors than hers. there's just something about using one's own favorite colors! I'm using purple, aqua, lime and orange, the last just to keep my toe in Bonnie's soup--LOL! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same Diane, I love your choice of colours. I'm trying to get away from my favourite colours: pink, purple and teal. Hard to do when that is the fabric I tend to buy LOL. Off to start part two now.

      Delete
  6. I really like your change of colors for Bonnie's mystery this year. I've decided to wait and see the reveal to decide if I want to keep the clues for a future quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the 'mystery of it all' Dar - have only made one mystery quilt that I didn't like. It still sits as a top waiting to be quilted.

      Delete