Sunday 16 September 2018

Back home and in between adventures a little sewing has been happening, as well as lots of baby cuddles and some house sorting. A few weeks ago I started '100 hexies 100 days' by Sew Foxy Mama. Each week has a theme, starting with 1 and a half inch hexies, 1-7 theme was ME. All things that mean something to me. #1 I use to love being a teacher; #2 I love to travel; #3 I love cruising; #4 I love my ROOSTER boys footie team; #5 I love being in the caravan and seeing Australia; #6 my favourite colour is pink; #7 I love tea.
I did the same challenge last year and have all these hexies sitting in a box, so this year I decided I would make them into flowers and add them together to make a lap quilt. As I had a plain pink hexie, I decided to make that the centre of the flower and embroider the theme. Lovely Aunty Margaret actually embroidered the ME, while did the other two while visiting her. Hexies #8-14 were 'Summer Fun' - a palm tree; a sombrero; a beach house; beach towel pattern; lovely flowers; and sailing.
Week 3 theme was Mystical. With a lack of 'mystical' type fabrics in my stash I decided on alternate hexies to make this whimsical flower.
Week 4 was Cute Critters. Some cute, some not so cute.
Week 5, 1930's prints. This was hard, in that I couldn't find my stash of 30's prints, so had to make do with 'look a likes'. I chose to use 1" hexies and make flowers with maroon centres. 
I will turn these into a centrepiece.
Week 6 micro mini things - I am making these out of half inch hexies, so will not use these in the quilt, but will probably add them to something else, but who knows!
Sew.... I have another six hexies to make, and Week 7 starts in 2 days!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have been doing well with your hexies, something I haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Jenny. I especially like it when travelling in the van.

      Delete