Sunday 17 April 2016

New Mystery Quilt

I am in many Facebook quilting groups and love to see what others are making. I also love making mystery quilts,  so when 'Just Us Quilters' started posting a new mystery quilt, of course I had to make one.

What I like about Just Us Quilters is that the pieces are large, so the quilt will come together quickly. This one started with a log cabin - my favourite block.

It also required as a focus fabric a print which had many colours. I had purchased a brightly coloured fabric way back in 1995, in Cairns, that was perfect for this mystery.

Part 2 was large half square triangles, using the focus fabric and white (or light coloured).

Part 3 was a simple four patch.

Part 4 was combining part 2 and part 3 to make this large block.

Now, I wait for the next part to be released, in the early hours of tomorrow morning, my time.

1 comment:

  1. It's always exciting starting a new project! Looks like you have made a good start so far.

    ReplyDelete