Thursday 28 January 2016

Farmers Wife #26 Daffodil

I actually finished this block early December, but with travelling and other projects, I didn't get around to posting about it.
This block was paper pieced and because I don't have a lot of yellow fabric I think I should call it tulip. I'm not a fan of paper piecing, mainly due to the wastage of fabric.
I am not concerned with mirror image,  either way will still look good.

My thoughts on the letter "Snappy Though Married"
 by Mrs. Nineteen. December 1935
This was a lovely letter about one day in the first year of marriage. The house work was not done,  sewing 'mess' was not yet cleared away and hubby came home. 
I can really relate to this - as can my daughters. I do the housework that needs to be done, but my relaxation, my calming mindfulness activity is my sewing.
I am blessed to have a hubby like Mrs. Nineteen, even today after 35 years and 5 months, he still asks me to come for a walk, he still holds my hand, he doesn't say a word about the fabric, and notions and machine on the table. Even camping, we often eat at the table with the machine pushed to one side. 
We don't have 'his' jobs and my 'jobs', we both do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done. What is important is being together,  and doing what we like to do. We have the same dream - to travel together and be happy - AND to win the lotto!!!
We love spending time together and also value the needs of each to have our own relaxing pursuits. Marriage is forever and we love each other dearly. 
QUOTE: A successful marriage requires falling in love many times with the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment