Tuesday 25 September 2012

UFO 2 finished

So happy that I finished little Ava's Quilt on Saturday, I decided to finish another quilt I had started. This one is for my daughter Emma. Her birthday is Halloween, so I thought a Halloween lap quilt would be in order.

In between, I opened an Etsy store and a Pink Fairy Quilts Facebook page. We'll see how these go.

While on our trip to USA in September 2010 we were driving up the historic Route 100 in Vermont and came across a quilting shop - nothing else around other than trees - so we had to stop, oh dear LOL. This is where I bought the Halloween quilt kit. The only instructions were a picture and I copied it as much as I could.

 The ladies in the shop were very helpful and cheerful and said it was ok to take as many photos as we liked.
It was a wonderful find.
http://www.waterwheelhouse.com/



So..... in December during the first week of the school holidays we went to Corindi, on the mid North Coast of New South Wales and I started Emma's quilt.
It is almost summer so Emma didn't need a large quilt, a lap quilt will be fine for those cooler spring evenings.



So here are on Sunday.
I had some children's material mask fabric and decided to use that as part of a pieced back for the quilt.
I cut lots of strips of 'Halloween' colour fabric and added one piece of Halloween printed fabric and simply sewed around 'log cabin' style.



..... and finished back.

I decided the best quilting to do would be a giant spider web - to keep in line with the Halloween theme.

Pinning the border

Finished quilt


You can see the spider quilting here.

Now I really do need to move on to the I Spy Cookie Jar wall hanging - or maybe part 2 of modern mystery quilt (part 3 comes out tomorrow).

Happy Sewing







No comments:

Post a Comment