The week before we went on holidays, I had time to work some more on the Orca Quilt.
I do love short cuts. Sometimes they work well and other times they don't. This time it worked. In stead of sing left over strings - I don't have left over strings - I had to cut the pink strips, in different widths, so I decided to make big 12" strip blocks and cut them down to the required size.
I trimmed each side ...
.. and then ended up with four blocks.
I also had to sew some more end rectangle blocks.
I almost brought the Orca Quilt blocks with me to sew, but figured I would need to bring to much fabric, so decided not to.