Saturday 28 September 2024

It Started With One Block......

It started with one block. I enjoy scrolling through quilting pages to get inspiration and sometimes a block takes my fancy. I have followed Pat Sloan on Instagram for a while and every now and then I do one of her projects. I came across the above block and thought I would make use of some 5 and a half inch squares I have been collecting. It is from Pat's Ode to National Parks sew along that started 2 weeks ago. I made one block and thought I would make a quilt out of this pattern (rather than do the National Parks quilt). My plan was to make it as a leader ender project ..... but couldn't stop sewing the blocks. I ended up making the whole lap quilt. Well that's what I think I will make from it. It's like an eye spy quilt, so for a child. Any suggestions?

I really like the way it turned out, and thinking just a thin boarder. Last week while I was writing last weeks post, my husband put up the hooks and found a rod to hang Fall Shenanigans. It is not fall (autumn) here, although today has turned cold, but Halloween falls in our spring so I'm happy to leave the wall hanging up until I make another theme replacement. Just like my Christmas wall hanging that has been hanging in our dining room for over 10 years now!

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

 Scrap Happy Saturday - So Scrappy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment