Saturday 17 February 2024

Stitching at Sea

Just got back from 17 nights cruising the South Pacific, and it was so relaxing. Days spent going to trivia, reading, or watching movies or just enjoying the view. (I won't mention the cocktails).  Now home with bags full of washing and time to sew.

I did do some stitching while away. Easy to travel with pre cut shapes to sew for the Focus/Fussy cutting sew along hosted by Naomialicec. This is block 4, letter B matching. I used a bicycle print.

Block 5 was letter C motif. I purchased a few metres of Christmas fabric some years ago after Christmas when it was on special, and I'm still using little bits of it. This one is of candy jars.

That's it for this week. Going to get back into scrap quilting and finish off a couple of projects.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilts


10 comments:

  1. Nice fussy cutting. I like to have a small hand project when I'm cruising. Someday I might even finish one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know that feeling Bonnie, one day I might finish one too ... and I'll post about it ... one day.

      Delete
  2. 17 nights away with no cooking meals, sounds like bliss to me. A little hand work is easy to pack and restful to work on when you want a change from ship activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was absolutely bliss Jenny. One more planned for this season then we are off in the van again.

      Delete
  3. Cute fussy cut blocks! Great idea to bring some hand stitching on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cruise sounds so wonderful! Love the EPP you brought along. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/14/wednesday-wait-loss-367

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love cruising and always take some handsewing - don't always find time to do it.

      Delete
  5. Gosh you look like you made the best use of your time!! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete