Saturday 16 September 2023

Spring is Here

 
Spring is here and that means time to plant the veggies and start to pack up the van for the hot summer ahead. It also means that it is time to sew. Moda Blockheads 5 started last week. The first block was a bonus label block. This year Blockheads is in two parts and I decided to make the first part a Christmas them one. There are also going to be a few different layouts for the blocks so I am making both the large (for a quilt) and small (for bunting). I had three sections already embroidered in my Christmas box so they became my centre.
This week block one, Bright Star block, I used the bonus HST from the label block for the small size. All the pieces laid out ....
I decided to make the centres all a motif - it is for Christmas after all. I then sewed the pieces into a 9 patch ...
.... before sewing the block together. I did the same for the larger block.
Here we have both blocks and some more bonus HST's.
I also made another triangle block in this months RSC colour of aqua.
 
I have enough blocks now to start to place them in rows.
 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so strange - we are just now harvesting the garden and getting ready for fall... When I read your getting ready for spring I thought for sure I clicked on an old post haha!!!
    Love all those blocks!!! Those bright star blocks are great colors!! That will be a fun quilt!!

    ReplyDelete