Sunday 4 June 2023

What I've Been Doing - May Round-Up

The colour for May was orange in the Rainbow Challenge. I did finish all the purple strips from April, as I want to use them in a fairy quilt. I found the above foundation paper piecing pattern and thought I would try it with the oranges first before using purples. Loved the pattern but think I will adapt it to make a border for the fairy quilt.

I also came across another foundation paper piecing project which I loved. Not happy about the bulk in the centre - will work on that for the next one.

I also came across Modern Triangle Quilts and made two blocks in orange. I started by making a plastic template and cut out all pieces. That made it much easier to piece. 

I was really happy with the result. Check out the website - I'll be getting the book when we are spending more time in one place and I have time to sew.

For now we are on a road trip and I'm enjoying EPP and writing the travel blog.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

Peacock Party

1 comment:

  1. What fun to travel, see the world, and still sew! Those orange blocks are yummy. Love those fabrics. And you know I love purple so those borders are singing to me! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete