Sunday 30 April 2023

Scrap Sewing

April was the Rainbow month of purple, and as I didn't have any new projects to start, well I did (always do) but I didn't have time to do the preparations, so for now I finished a few scrap blocks and did a few repairs.

I made a few more butterfly blocks, and lots of string blocks in two sizes - 6.5" and 4.5". I even added a few wonky log cabins.

Rainbow Scrap colour for May is orange, so I will be adding to the orange blocks made last year.

One evening our granddaughter asked where our place mats were. We only use place mats at Christmas time, but since she asked...... I thought I would make some place mats from the scrap blocks.

I did pull out a kitchen wall hanging that I had made many years ago and backed and quilted it - and even got Peter to hang it up. Just a fun wall hanging.

Last month I fiddled with the idea of a reusable straw bag for travelling. First attempt was too long. Second attempt was ok, but didn't fit all my straws adequately.
Third attempt I'm happy with - it can still be improved upon, but it will be perfect for our next trip. Just have to hand sew the binding and put a clasp on it.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

Peacock Party 

Beauty Pagents 

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice selection of purple blocks. Great idea to turn some blocks into placemats, we use them all the time, probably because I enjoy making them. I also have several caravan themed sets for use in the caravan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun for your placemats!!! and your cookie jar is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your purple blocks! So pretty. They will make great quilts when combined with your other RSC blocks. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete