Sunday 17 July 2022

June Progress and Fussy/Focus Cutting

Sorry I missed last week, and I'm a day late this week, but I have a really good reason. 

We went on a last minute cruise for my birthday YAY. 

So glad cruising is finally back in Australia - but you can read about our cruise on our travel blog, and Peter is already editing his videos for YouTube.

June Focus Cutting Sewalong theme was sounds. Block 22 was motif and I chose farmyard chickens and they can be very noisy. We had two chickens a while back and they gave us lovely eggs and also use to wake us each morning.

Block 23 was sections. I used the same cat fabric that I used last month for animals. This time I used only the tail section. Cats make a noise.

Week 24 block was matching - my least favourite technique, but I had the perfect fabric that I had purchased in Graceland shops. Hubby loves this sound.

Week 25 block was freestyle and I chose what my hubby calls noisy fabric. I like it and use it a lot. It is amazing how far a fat quarter will go when fussy cutting. Fabric is part of the Tula Pink range.

We had a lovely 5 days sailing and look forward to many more sailings to come. 

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 

3 comments:

  1. What a great reason to be behind!!! Looks like a lovely cruise!
    The Elvis block - my favorite this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend your birthday! Those fussy cut epps are simply amazing! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete