Saturday 2 July 2022

First Quilt Top for MBH4 - YAY

This week my aim was to get the main part of the 'first' quilt from ModaBlockHeads4 finished, which I did. I love this 3D design. I have cut the first border, a thin black border, but I couldn't decide on what to do for the next border. I tried some flying geese, but wasn't happy with that, so tried a couple of seminole designs. Not happy with that either. After some thought I decided on simple 3D squares. I'll see how they look later this weekend. Cold, raining and dull here today, so a lot of sewing and related activities will get done.
To get the quilt top done I needed some more 5" squares so I made a variety of alternate block 14 - Sharply Dressed. (Block 14 was applique, and I may go back to do that another time).
I also used some leftover HST's to make some more 5" blocks. 
A quick project was covering this pin and thread holder. I found it in an op shop some years ago and it had been living in the caravan. Not bad for $2.50.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 

6 comments:

  1. I like the 3 dimensional look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now that is a cool way to set those blocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, some people are so clever and so wonderful for them to share.

      Delete
  3. Lovely setting for your blocks! Kudos for keeping up with Moda Block Heads. This is the first quilt? I look forward to seeing what else you do with the blocks! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes the first quilt, so many more blocks the next quilt will be a lot simpler and quicker LOL.

      Delete