Saturday 5 February 2022

January Focus Cutting Challenge

We had a wonderful four night weekend last weekend and it was great to get away again. It meant there was no blog last weekend. We love to cruise, and love our caravan trips, but the way it is now - no cruises, too hot to travel without power, so we thought a train trip was in order. I took some hand sewing to do, but it was difficult in the cabin as there was no suitable table. I did manage to do some hand sewing in the lounge carriage though.

The food was amazing.

Since getting back on Tuesday, I have worked on the borders for the Rhododendron Mystery Quilt and worked a little more on the handsewing for grand-daughter no 5 baby quilt - she may be 5 years old before I get to meet her (she was born and lives in England), so at 19 months old I have time.

2022 I am again doing the  Focus-Cutting Sew Along hosted by Naomi Clarke. I did the first sew along in 2019 and really enjoyed it. Each year there is a different English paper piecing shape. This year it is a kite shape. I made my shape to match 2021 so I can add to the blocks I already have. January theme was the Pantone colour of the Year - Very Peri.


Week 1 - purple motif. I tried to focus on the stem of the vines, but it really didn't look like a motif, so I made a second one. Still very hard to see the motif. This year I'm using a calendar that we bought on our honeymoon in Fiji.

Block 2 was sections.

Block 3 was matching patterns - my least favourite - but I had this perfect fabric.

Block 4 was freestyle. While moving my fabric stash I came across this dragonfly fabric. I love the pattern it made.

Our next planned trip is at the end of February 🤞I get Rhododendron finished.

LINK UP PARTIES

Wednesday-Wait-Loss - The Inquiring Quilter

Peacock Party  - Wendy's Quilts and More

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts 

Stitch Sew and Show - Life in the Scrapatch


2 comments:

  1. You fascinate me with your precise cutting. Looks like your train trip was fun! Can't wait to see your Rhododendron Mystery progress. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete