Saturday 8 January 2022

This last week....

Getting back into the 'normal' routine after the busy season. A few plans for the year have already changed, guess it was to be expected, but not hoped for. We have been lucky here in Queensland with a few short lockdowns and limited restrictions, but now that the borders are open it feels like we are back to the start again. Still, there is a lot to do around home to keep us busy, and safe. I'm still sorting the sewing room. It's been a year and I still have fabric in the upstairs to come down, when I sort a place for it to go. Having over six months away on our caravan trip and always having a project to do have left much not sorted - it will get done.

I finished the last block of the fussy cutting sew along using the Christmas theme.

I've sewn many together, and although I was initially making a baby quilt I've decided to add this year's blocks to it and continue until I have a size ready for our bed. The centre block is the colours of Pantone Colour of the Year 2021 - ultimate grey and illuminating yellow, that is why I chose grey triangles to link the blocks. The blocks I add will be the new Pantone colour for 2022 - very peri - a bluish purple. That starts next week, so looking forward to it.
I also finished two clues for Rhododendrum Trail Mystery Quilt. Clue 5 gave me a heap of half square triangles - more about them next week, ...... and took me ages to sew.

Clue 6 added to clue 5. This is going to be a very white quilt, not sure I was expecting that. Off to start clue 7 today.

 Link up Parties

 Wednesday-Wait-Loss - The Inquiring Quilter

Finished (or Not) Friday - Alicia Quilts

A Pageant of Finishes - From Bolt to Beauty

Peacock Party  - Wendy's Quilts and More

Put Your Foot Down - For the Love of Geese.

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Stitch Sew and Show - Life in the Scrapatch

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh that will be so pretty to use this years pantone color to make that quilt bigger. Its fun to watch this process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hexie quilt! Brilliant idea to add more using the Pantone color for this year. This will be such a record of your time spent making it! Thanks for sharing that and Rhododendron Trail on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics and colors in both of these projects. That EPP project looks very complex. Thank you for sharing in my linky party ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete