Saturday 1 January 2022

Welcome to 2022 - Happy New Year

Christmas is over for another year, well almost. In our house we start to put away the decorations on New Years Day, with the tree and decorations coming down on the 12th day of Christmas. I love the decorations around the house, many that are hand made or come from places were have travelled to. 

Jonnie and the girls love decorating - the putting away is all my job!

Celebrations started with roast dinner on Christmas Eve with family - way too hot to have on Christmas Day. I love the Christmas table settings, given to us by my Auntie.

Christmas Day is celebrated with pancakes and fruit brunch, again with family until they head off for a hot late lunch with in-laws.

We spend the day quietly doing what ever we want, no swimming this year as it was a bit cooler Christmas Day, we did watch some Christmas movies - and Die Hard is not a Christmas movie! We had two fridges full of food that I had prepared the days before Christmas and we just 'grazed' all day....and the next. A lovely relaxing, stress free day..... and with a cocktail of two.

I hope those who celebrate Christmas had a safe and happy day, as we did.

I did complete the next clue in Rhododendron Trail Mystery. I replaced the suggested garnet colour for purple, not too much of a stretch, and it will go lovely with the pinks and turquoise. 

I have one more block to complete in the focus-cutting sew along, the last one - freestyle. I also checked for the missing block 39. I had already sewn it into the quilt top.


Block 48, freestyle, theme fabric, I still have to find a centre for it.

December theme was Christmas / Winter. Block 49, pattern matching and I thought this Aussie Christmas fabric was perfect.

Block 50 was obscure sections. I used reindeer feet, could you tell?

Block 51, motif.

With my sewing room down stairs I found I needed a sewing case for downstairs hand sewing. I found when I took my upstairs case down I would forget it, so having one in both places that I sew seems like a good idea.




Link Up Parties:

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday 

Peacock Party 

Put Your Foot Down - For the Love of Geese

Small Quilts and Dolls

Confessions of a Fabric Addict

5 comments:

  1. You special blocks are looking so great!
    Love all your Decorations - it makes the place look so festive and the tree! Lovely!!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little needle book and just look at that beautiful Chocolate Martini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a nice restful Christmas, it seems, with a little handwork to keep you busy. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your focus cutting epp blocks fascinate me. So wonderful how you get the patterns to match! Can't wait to see your finished top! Also, I'd block Ratana above from posting again and delete the post.

    Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. 2022 will be the fourth year I'm doing the fussy cutting and I am getting so much better. I keep deleting Ratana and another one but they keep coming back. No way to block them :( Guess I'll have to start moderating comments. They are on both my blogs, this one and my travel one. Happy New Year to you - hope this year is a safe and happy one.

      Delete