Saturday 13 November 2021

Messy House - Focus Cutting

The past few weeks I seem to have gotten further behind in challenges and projects, not that I'm stressing, I know I WILL finish them, but maybe not on time. 

Moving downstairs to my sewing room has meant that a lot of stash is all over the place, with much still being upstairs in the laundry (that's where my stash started). On Halloween day, while looking through some blog posts from the Link up Parties that week, I saw a lovely table runner for Halloween. Too late for me for Halloween, or so I thought. I commented how beautiful her table runner was and that I would aim for next year. I got a reply to start now and it would be finished for next year. Challenge accepted! Going through my Halloween fabric box I came across the bunting I had made a few years earlier, and thought the left overs would make a quick table runner, and it looks great, even got to use it on Halloween Night family dinner 😊.

Sew now I think I will use some Aussie Christmas bunting to make a few more table runners. My year long projects that I'm currently doing are:- a tag sew along and  'focus cutting' half  hexies. 

The July theme for the Focus cutting was animals:

August theme was Human - weird, and could be really anything, there was also only three prompts, again weird 😊.

August /September, memories.... week 34 was fabric I purchased in Port Augusta, some years ago. It was in a FQ fabric pack and I have memories of using it many times in epp projects. Week 35 was Tula Pink fabric, that I purchased in Kyneton, also some years ago. I love most of Tula Pink's fabrics, one very clever lady. Week 36 is my memory of drinking a different flavoured black tea each Saturday while I was sewing. Saturday was my de-stressing day after a long week of working, and the only day I gave to myself. Good memories.

That took us to the middle of September, and the theme 'my perfect day'. That's where I'm up to. A lot of catching up to do, and this is my reminder to go and prepare ALL the fabric to cut ready to stitch during the weeks. 

I'm also finishing off the Partners in Design Destination Quilt - 3 blocks to go. This I started while on our trip and found I couldn't dedicate the time needed while travelling this beautiful country of ours. I'll show you the completed blocks next time.

AND coming up is Bonnie Hunter's new mystery, which is always good. I need to start getting the fabric our for that.

Link up Parties:

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Whoop whoop Friday Friday – SundayUS time

Off the Wall Friday Friday - Tuesday

Finished (or Not) Friday Friday - Monday

A Pageant of Finishes Friday - Thursday

Peacock Party Friday - Monday

Stitch Sew and Show

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous Halloween table runner. I have never seen half hexis; those are so stinking cute. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming projects. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you took the challenge to start your Halloween runner! and then you Rose to it!! Love it!! It looks like someone else liked your table runner too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she did Alycia, and she set the table too. Not bad for an almost 4 year old.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see your progress on the Destination quilt! In the meantime, your Halloween quilt is so cute and really shows off your fabrics. Love it! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Sewing keeps me sane :)

      Delete
  4. Such a cute Halloween runner! Glad you were able to finish it. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete