Saturday 6 November 2021

Messy House - Christmas Elf

One of the many things I like about Christmas is seeing others photos of Elf on a Shelf. He/she is such a tricky little elf, and the photos are so funny - some people are so clever. Anyway I have been thinking of making one for a few years, but it wasn't until a lovely lady in our suburb was giving away some 'Elf on a Shelf' fabric books to make and I was lucky to get two for our granddaughters so I thought I would also make an elf. I googled elf on a shelf patterns and there are so many. I chose one from Miss Daisy Patterns, and made it with felt.

Elf on a shelf comes from a book written by Carol Aebersold and Chanda Bell in 2005. It tells the story of an elf who sits on a shelf and watches the children to see if they naughty or nice. He 'flies' back to the North Pole each night to report to Santa. He arrives sometime in November and sits on the shelf watching the kids. Might make them behave LOL.

I decided to make aprons and added some quick no cook recipes, also a bag 😏.

Next I made a sleeping bag for Elf. One was packaged and sent off to England to one lot of granddaughters and the other is ready to go 'around the corner'.

Here are some ideas to get started, but just check Instagram #elfonashelf  It was fun to make and I may make some more soft toys in the future, but today back to sewing Destination Quilt Along.

Link Up Parties - great ideas here.

Whoop whoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, elf on a shelf! Love the extra items you have made too, his little sleeping bag is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to make dolls for your granddaughters. Love the sleeping bags you made for little Elf. And those aprons are so adorable! They will love their gifts. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute are these for your littles!! I don't have grandchildren (yet!), but I have friends who do, so I need to find out if I can make an apron and sleeping bag for their elves. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete