Saturday 27 November 2021

Messy House - Destination Blocks complete

I had a good week in the sewing room this week. I put all the cut out pieces of Block 5, Riding the Ferry - I mean cruise ship - together and I think it turned out really well. Designed by Kathleen McMusing of Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats I changed one block and replaced it with and anchor sign that reminds me of Royal Caribbean cruise ships.

Block 6 is Cross at a Walk - we don't have covered bridges in Australia, so I adapted the block to be one of the many covered overpasses on the highway in northern New South Wales. Haven't been that way since December 2019 - and you know why 😞. The overpasses were built to allow the koalas and other native animals cross the highway safely.

I made my tunnels on my block too tall and I still need to add more scrubs to the top of the tunnels. Designed by Jennifer Fulton - The Inquiring Quilter this is another applique block. I think I will add some koalas crawling across the top.


The next and last block for me to complete was block 7, Cityscape also by Kathleen McMusing of Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, and Eats. I enjoyed doing this block, maybe because we were free to choose what ever feature we wanted for the block. I tossed up many ideas of iconic man made 'features' around Australia and came up with the Sydney Opera House. I love Sydney. Couldn't live there anymore, but love visiting, especially during Vivid. 

We were lucky to be visiting one year when Vivid was on, we caught the ferry into the Quay and simply walked around enjoying the lights, the interactive activities and the atmosphere. So here is my version of CityScape - Sydney, during Vivid.

We were to be on a train adventure today, but due to all the rain in Queensland we had to postpone it, and as a result this week will be planting seeds and sewing the new Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. Yay!

Linking with these talented creators:

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Offthe Wall Friday

Peacock Party 


 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such an awesome job on your blocks! Love how you converted my covered bridge into a bridge more appropriate to where you live. The addition of koalas would be so cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete