Friday 29 October 2021

Friday Catchup - Destination Quilt

Back home and settling back into home routines, it was good to see the family and also good to see my lovely phalaenopsis orchids. I was so tempted to buy some while travelling, but didn't - I have bought one since coming home. The first one this year!!! Maybe I should get one or two more 😉.

Back home and with my machine, I continued with catch up of Partners in Design Destination Quilt. Block 2 was Quilt Retreat Camper designed by April Adams from Janda Bend Quilts. April designed her block to resemble her caravan, and I adapted the block to resemble our caravan. I really liked the background fabric April used, wish I could find a similar print in Australia. Like April, we travel in our van (see PetalliTravellers blog and YouTube Channel) and I sew, usually by hand when on  the road.

The next block, 3, was Fair in the Square designed by Abbie Danahy from Sparkle On. This was a hard one to think about a fair we have been to in our travels. I finally decided on Tamworth Country Music Festival, which we have attended for the 6 of the past 8 years. We missed 2019 as were were travelling Tasmania, and we missed this year, well because of ........! Fingers crossed for next year. Interesting, we were in Tamworth in January 2020, when the first case arrived in Australia from the US. Anyway, I made this block and added the Golden Guitar found at Tamworth. I also made the bunting a little different to Abbie's pattern. I used 2.5inch squares folded. I will add Tamworth Ice Cream to the Ice Cream Truck and a platform for the Golden Guitar.

Every year I say I'm going to finish some Halloween projects....... maybe next year ..... I did work on an Elf for the grand daughters. One is complete and sent off to England. More next post.

Now that we are back home, here are my link up parties.

Whoop whoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 

TGIFF

9 comments:

  1. Your destination blocks are looking great, Allison! Good job personalizing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you need at least two more orchids!! those are pretty!
    and your travel blocks - awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL definitely need more orchids. So lovely to see them every morning.

      Delete
  3. It's fun to make a quilt about our travels, they bring back such wonderful memories. I took some small blocks made with Australian fabrics when we went on our wonderful Aussie train trips and wrote with a marker pen all the places we visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Jenny. Yes, it's fun picking up fabric while travelling. We actually didn't visit many quilting stores on our trip - just didn't find them.

      Delete
  4. My favorite thing about the Partners in Design QALs is seeing how all of the quilters personalize their blocks, whether with the fabrics or with neat details like your satellite dish and your guitar. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Becca, I see so many creative ideas on insta. Some people are so clever.

      Delete
  5. I love that you are making the Destination blocks to reflect your own travels. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete