Saturday 18 September 2021

52 Tags - 10 to 20.

Creating the tags for 52 tags Hannemade has been great during this trip. They have taken me out of my comfort zone in some cases and taught me some new stitches and techniques. Tag 10 was suffolk puff, a funny little gathered decoration.

11 was all about rings. Peter had some rings in his thingamajig tool thing, and I had a broken bracelet that I didn't want to throw out, so I created this. Could be a bear or an owl....

12 is blanket stitch - yay something I sort of know how to do. I thought the button fabric was perfect to make this tag.

Tag 13 was golden layers. I don't travel with much golden fabric, in fact I don't have a lot of golden fabric in general. I think I might have to add to this one when I get home, or to a fabric shop.

A place we have been, was tag 14. The first two months of our trip we travelled past many burnt landscapes. The colours were perfect blue sky and red soil, with the charred black trees.

This was followed by a tiny scape. I have been wanting to do a post card like this for some time, and a tag is just as good. Our van is no red with pink daisies, although someone said it could be LOL.

16 was seed stitch. I really liked this stitch and I really liked the effect of outlining the guitar button. I will be using this more often with different shapes.

Couching was tag 17. Not sure about this one. Couching is a decoration, but I'm not sure I would ever use it. Well, maybe one day.

Tag 18 was easy. I travel with paper pieced hexies, and make them out of left over fabric while travelling. These were out of my stash.

Words, tag 19, well I could have written any number of words, or phrases. I'm still working on doing even stitches.

Tag 20 was a stitch one, and it was pekinese stitch. Never heard of it, but it reminded me of waves, so I made this scene.

I still have a few catch up tags to do and as we will be home in the next week or so I should be able to catch up quickly. Well, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment