Saturday 28 November 2020

Messy House: Catch up #2 Nov.

Do you procrastinate? I do - all the time. I procrastinate about what fabrics to use, what sashing to do, what borders to put on, what backing, labels, quilting pattern etc etc. Some quilts are easy, like the last Sugaridoo sewalong. I had no problem with any of it - well except maybe the label, still working on that. When I am 'stuck' on these decisions, I tend to sew scraps!

I have had my Christmas fabric box out to make some more coasters so I have been using the scraps to make 6.5" and 4.5" squares, as leaders and enders. This last week I have been sewing just scraps.

About mid week I decided to sew some of the selvedge strips I have been collecting. I am making a chair cover using the selvedges, and have wanted to make a bookshelf wall hanging. This week was the week.

I love the different 'book' titles revealed in the selvedges.
Now to get ready for Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Mystery.

Link up Parties:

Whoop whoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party


10 comments:

  1. Using your selvedge strips for book edges is brilliant! I love it!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like the way it is turning out Michelle.

      Delete
  2. Nice job on using up some scraps!! I don't save many selvedges, but using them for a bookshelf wall hanging sounds (and looks) like a really good idea. Crumb sewing is SEW much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like wasting anything. I think it must be my Scottish heritage.

      Delete
  3. Cute use of selvages! They do so look like books. Love the scrappy blocks. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of stitching -I think it frees the mind and helps creativity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a Christmas Coin quilt earlier in the year out of some Christmas bits and pieces. Actually it is a table cloth for the caravan and will be coming on a holiday with us very soon! I have also sewn selvedge blocks this year for RSC challenge and never seem to get to the end of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling Jenny. I did make a big dent in the pile though LOL.

      Delete