Saturday 26 September 2020

How Many Projects Do You Have?

I don't think that I have a lot of projects, until someone points out how many I have 😮. I do like to do mystery quilts and sew-alongs and I am doing three hand sewing projects, which would normally be done while we are travelling. Sadly not so much in 2020, and although I do try to do some hand sewing each day, not a lot is getting done. No Stress - I will finish them one day.

I have been trying to catch up with Moda Blockheads 3 by doing the current week and at least one catch up week. It has sort of worked. This is Block 35.

 Block 06

 Block 09

  Block 08

Clockwise from top left: Blocks 10, 11, 12, and 36

I must admit I spent more time the past week sewing curtains and more masks .....

I have been up to date with the Simply Colorful Mystery quilt - until this week LOL. Clue one I posted about last time, 6.5" blocks that look like roads.These lovely pink houses are part of Clue two. It also included some sky blocks, some of which I did. I must say I wasn't expecting so much paper piecing and did my houses a little different, without using paper piecing.

The next clue, 3, was a big clue. It included more paper piecing houses in black and white with trees AND some paper piecing mountains AND some brown 'earth' blocks AND some string tree blocks AND a worm block. I started on the black and white houses and trees and did a variety of one and two trees house blocks. I couldn't see a way around paper piecing the mountain blocks, especially since they are in pairs, so that is what I'll be doing next - before I start clue 4. I did get out browns to use but didn't cut the blocks - I may not use them in my finished quilt. I was lucky with the string trees as I already have a batch of green strings, so they will be easy, when I get around to them. I'm not doing the worm!
 
Clue 4 came out last night and boy what a doosy. Red wonky houses with trees, a cat block, a dog block, car and truck blocks, (I'm now thinking with these blocks I may make at least two different quilts), and more of the road blocks made in clue one, these will have applique on them. No, I think I will piece the cars and trucks as I've made cars and trucks before. But that will be a few weeks away yet.
I did make my very first fabric postcard view from a photo Peter took a few weeks ago while at Fraser Island fishing with the boys.
I think I may add Peter's car on the beach. What do you think? Do you like my thongs (flip flops) in the corner?
This week's Link Up Parties:

5 comments:

  1. if you don't think its a lot of projects - then it is not! and I have to have at least a few to rotate through to keep my creativity going!!. YES add Peters car to the beach - that is just an amazing reproduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many projects? Does it really matter as long as we are happy pottering around on them all. Like you I have stitching projects, some hand quilting, and a little knitting thrown into the mix for good measure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! It doesn’t matter as long as you are ok with it! Sometimes I let mine stress me out...then I need to finish one or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The postcard is wonderful. It really does capture the photo. I love the flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you had a huge week! Got a lot done on each of your projects. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete