Saturday 12 September 2020

Catch -up

This past week I started to catch up with Moda Blockheads 3. My blocks are 12" finished and I'm using green tones. This is block 34, Fulfillment, designed by Lisa Bongean. It has been a while since I made any of these blocks and I recalled last time that I didn't follow the directions exactly. I don't like sewing lots of triangles together, so would make the blocks a little differently and still end up with the same completed block. One 'advantage' of this method is that I often end up with bonus half square triangles.

I remember when making Blockheads 2, I had containers with the different coloured bonus half square triangles and did use many of them in other blocks, but I forgot this time and made mini blocks out of them. I will start to collect them now - just in case. Last night I cut out all the pieces to make block 35 (to keep up) and block 6 (to catch up), which happens to be Lisa's design as well.

The September Sugaridoo/Bernina SAL row was released and it was a straight line row so I completed that this week. Using cool colours, I have left out the two rounded rows, and have one row left. I will decide then if I will add two rows or leave it as is. The next row will be a purple shade I think.

The next block in the By The Sea QAL came out this week, and some exciting news, I won the randomly picked international section for the first four blocks of the QAL. I haven't won anything for a long time, so I'm super excited. I have already chosen two of my prize patterns and can't wait to start them. This weeks block was Head or Tails, designed by Sandra Healy Designs. Another applique block, and I'm getting use to it. Comparing block 1 with this one I can see the improvement. I still need to find the right buttons for the eyes. You can get the pattern here.

The last sewing machine project this week was the new Simply Colourful Mystery quilt. It is called 'Envelope Mystery' and the first clue was very interesting. Looks like roads to me. At the moment I'm doing half size, but will see as more clues come out whether I add more or not.
That's about it for this week. I did some hand sewing and travel blogging as well as looking after Miss Mackenzie.

Here is this weeks Link-up Parties:

Whoopwhoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss 

Off the Wall Friday 

Finished (or Not) Friday


8 comments:

  1. Wow!! There's a LOT going on in your sewing room. All of it looks SEW awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices for the September SAL. Black makes those purple and turquoise fabrics sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gwyned. This is the second modern quilt I have made using black as the background.

      Delete
  3. Wow so many projects and your making great progress on all of them! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your block head colors are really cool! and the QALs - oh my - they are so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete