Tuesday 24 November 2015

Farmers Wife #90 Sara

For this block, #90 Sara, I went back to rotary cutting. I cut strips to make the four patch units. For the four corners, I cut larger squares, drew a diagonal line and after sewing a quarter of an inch either side, cut to make two half square triangle blocks. I cut these blocks in diagonally to make the four corner units.
I really enjoyed making this block.
My thoughts on the letter "Life Has Loveliness to Sell"
 by Wealthy, Sept 1935
 Some years ago a friend, Alica, started a FB page titled 365 days of Gratitude. 
I would love seeing the photo she would post each day and really wanted to record what I was grateful for. I knew I wouldn't have time, with work, to fit in a photo each day, so named my FB page 'Allison's Moments of Gratitude'. I post from time to time, although think each day about what I am grateful for.
Wealthy writes about going through her daily routines, and life was much harder back then. She writes about observing the changing seasons and the passing parade outside her kitchen window. She sees beauty in everything around her, and considers herself wealthy because of it.
Quote:
Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment