Friday 11 October 2024

I Won The Bobbin Race!

I rarely win the bobbin race however on this day I had just finished quilting the Modern Triangle Kaleidoscope quilt with about an inch to spare.

I came across this block on Instagram back in March/April and registered for the free class. I really enjoyed the paper piecing. Designed by Rebecca Bryon from Bryan House Quilts, this is block 49. I made use of the rainbow scrap challenge for the colours each month. This was the third project I finished in three weeks - I surprised myself! Won't happen this week, we are off on another adventure. For the quilting it was easy to mirror the inner stars. Then the rest of the quilting just sort of fell in place.

I also finished the newest row of Between the Lines QAL - Over the Hills. It consists of quarter circles and curved piecing. I don't mind the curved piecing, I've done that before.

Although fiddly it is easy to sew.

I really wish I had changed the pattern to semi circles, it would have been quicker.

I'm happy with the way it turned out and will be sewing it in place when we get back from our trip.


Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

 Scrap Happy Saturday - So Scrappy

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the bobbin race! and congrats on such an AWESOME finish!!! that is a stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats just a tiny piece of thread left, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete