Friday 21 June 2024

Messy House No 8

Such a cold week this week, heater was on every morning and every evening, gave me time to spend in the sewing room, working on Moda Blockheads 5. Above is block 3 - remember I'm playing catch up - designed by April Rosenthal and called Shimmer Star.

Block 4 Morning Star, designed by Barbara Groves of My Sister and Me Designs.

Block 5 Glimmer Designed by Janet Clare

Block 6 Favourite Vintage Star was designed by Melody Miller. Strange block, I think the 'star' would have looked better if it was all the same colour.

Block 7 is Star Bloom designed by Vanessa Goertzen.

I've started putting all the blocks together on my design wall and I've started thinking about the sashing. I did make a few more coasters and this bookmark as leaders and enders. Bookmark is going to one of my granddaughters.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

10 comments:

  1. Interesting construction method for Shimmer Star -- the star points could have been a flying goose and a rectangle rather. I've been saving all the Blockheads patterns but haven't made any of them...yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought about the flying geese method but this way was easier and no waste. I've been doing all the blockheads from the original, and have saved all the patterns. I have even made a number of different size quilts from some of the blocks but I know I won't get back to the patterns yet to do ... but the thought is there - good luck with yours.

      Delete
  2. Amazing how many ways there are to piece a star. You do this set proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The hardest part is working out what fabric placement to make the star - often longer than the actual sewing :)

      Delete
  3. The first star is really great. Funny to read about cold - it is so hot here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) so very cold here, looking forward to spring.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful blocks!! Its funny to hear you say cold, I was ( am) crying over how hot it is here... lets mix the temps and have balmy days on both sides haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. How wonderful it would be if the weather was warmer here and cooler there LOL. Guess we both have to wait a few more months.

      Delete