Saturday 1 April 2023

Focus Cutting Sew Along

I'm not sure what year, or how many years I have been doing the Instagram Focus / Fussy Cutting Sew Along hosted by Naomialicec and I really enjoy it. However, I always start late. I find the start slow as I can't decide what fabric to use. The shape this year is honeycomb. I tried two different sizes and think I will stay with the larger 1.5" shape. The theme for January was RED.

February was all about me. Week 5 -where I live

Week 6 was - What I like. I love cruising.

Week 7 - favourite fabric. Well this week it was this.

Week 8 - most recent fabric purchase. The start of last year I decided to work my way through me stash - yes funny I know. I didn't purchase very much last year, some greys and black plain fabric for a 3D quilt, and this fabric. I was making a quilt for our granddaughter who lives in England and visited last December. I ran out of this fabric and substituted another, then found it after completing the top. I was so happy that I unpicked the substituted blocks and replaced them with this bike fussy cutting. 

Moving onto March, the theme for the first week was International Women's Day. In past years I have used Tula Pink fabric, but I ran out this year, maybe I should buy some more. 😊

The rest of March is orange. I'm working on that.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

Peacock Party 

Beauty Pagents 

8 comments:

  1. Those are pretty nifty blocks! My favorites are week 3 and 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do with all those little Xs? Will you be putting them together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making them into a quilt, will probably end up lap size. Will show a picture when I've sewn a few more block together.

      Delete
  3. Don'tcha just love English Paper Piecing? Blocks like yours and the one I'm making - Prudence Quilt - give us nice opportunities for fussy cutting. I can tell you're enjoying making yours. I am too, though mine isn't on a schedule. In fact, I started Prudence in June 2019, and am happy to plug along on it at my own pace. Keep enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the peacefulness of it. I try to cut the pieces ahead and keep them until I have time to sit and stitch. That works for me. Need a schedule, although I'm behind, other wise it would never get done LOL ...... a bit like Farmers Wife 1930's, started in 2015, and YES I will finish it - one day.

      Delete
  4. Love seeing the patterns come together! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are SUPER cool!!! I have never seen blocks like that - but the way you are placing the fabrics is amazing in them!!

    ReplyDelete