Saturday 4 June 2022

What I Did This Week - week 21

A cold and windy week with rain for the weekend. Winter in south east Queensland never use to be like this. I caught up with all my blocks for Moda Block Heads 4 and will start the new block later today. Block 8 is Wild Geese designed by Kate Spain.

Block 9 - Cross My Mind designed by Brigitte Heitland.

Block 10 is Autumnal designed by Chelsi Stratton. I made this block in the smaller size as on the Moda Blockheads FB page a contributor, Wendy Harris, showed her 3D layout with measurements and it is absolutely stunning so I feel that would be a great design to make a lap quilt with some of the blocks. Now I need some smaller blocks as the alternate blocks.

Bonus block 4 is Zipper

There was no bonus block 5, I guess that will be sorted out later, so here is ....

Bonus Block 6, Wheat Field.

I did enjoy making some random crumb blocks with the pink scraps I have collected the past few months. 6.5" blocks will turn into something eventually, and it is calming to sit and sew without any patterns or rules.

I also decided to get a move on with some hand sewing on two quilt tops I made from Partners in Design - Where Friends and Fabric Meet FB page. Once I'm finished the hand sewing part I will quilt them. One will be a wall hanging for the guest room and the other will be a quilt cover. Didn't get too much done while watching footie, but did finish that section the next day.

Well, that was my week - oh, and I have two flower spikes starting to grow on my orchids 😊

Link Up Parties:

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 

Melva Loves Scraps 

3 comments:

  1. Our winters here in northern Indiana aren't as cold and snowy as they used to be but then it seems like the cold weather hangs on so long into May. Looks like you made good use of the cold weather by sewing. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blocks!
    They are very graphic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink crumb blocks are bright and cheery! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete