Saturday 18 June 2022

Rant

RANT: I look at a lot of blogs on the weekends and although I may not comment on them all, I am surprised that so many bloggers now have to approve the comments! Including ME!!

This is because there are so many fake 'click bait' scammers out there. Do these scammers have a life!!! On our travel YouTube Channel- PetalliTravellers - we have had to turn off comments due to the scammers and trolls. Get a life people!!!! Rant over.

Moda Blockheads 4 is all caught up. Above is a photo of how I organise my fabric for the 'blockheads' sew along. Like any mystery project I decide on the colour theme - this year black, grey, and red. I pull my fabric from my stash and organise into smaller boxes. I start with the first block and cut strips of fabric needed. From the strips I cut the pieces needed for the block and the leftover strips go into sorted piles, as above, to be used in future blocks. Works for me 😀.

I loved the look of Block 11. Designed by Jackie MacDonald and called Moda Block-berry, I think it looks a bit like a pineapple.

Block 12 is Friendship Star designed by Deb Strain. I was able to use some of the 'leftover' half square triangles from other BH4 blocks. Some block instructions call for 'leftover' triangles (or in my case I turn them into HST), and I keep them as they WILL be used somewhere. Like this block.

I'm not happy with the stitching from my machine. so will probably redo this block.

My main machine is not well, and I'm tossing up between getting it serviced again or simply buying a new one. My hubby bought my machine for me way back in 2001 and it's had a lot of use, but many of the functions don't work as well anymore and it cannot be updated (I have already purchased another embroidery machine as that function stopped working years ago), so I'm thinking of getting a new one. Any suggestions?

Block 13 was Evening Delight by Debbie Maddy. I made this one in the smaller size.

If you are interested, I also have a travel blog: Are We There Yet?.

 

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the Rant!!! it just gets frustrating!
    LOVE your block - that grey with stars fabric is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete