Saturday 27 February 2021

Do You Ever ......

Do you ever really want to start another new project, but decide you have too many projects already on the go? I do all the time, especially when I'm at the quilting and binding stage. I guess it is because these stages are not as creative as the block making, although I should try to make the quilting more creative. I'm just not confident enough. Maybe that will be something I will work on.

The past week we went on a short road trip to visit family, and also to get the van ready for our big trip in a few weeks. We did put my newly finished ROOSTERS quilt on the bed, just in time for footie season. We only needed it the first night up on the top range, but gee it looks lovely on the bed.

When we are travelling I usually take hand sewing, although I do have a small sewing machine in the van. As we do free choice camping we don't always have power and are not usually in one place longer than a few days unless we have planned it that way. This trip, and for our big trip I took some hexies and my paper lantern quilt. I think I will keep making it bigger until new granddaughter is able to get to Australia to visit. It is a cot quilt size now and who knows how big it will turn out. 

That's it for this week, as I said last time I'll try to make the blog once a week, and with travelling in the near future, the blogs will become shorter.

Here is the link up parties, where I get a lot of inspiration.  

Whoopwhoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday 

A Pageant of Finishes Peacock Party 

11 comments:

  1. Hexies make a great on the go road trip project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am making random ones now of two different sizes. No idea what they will become but they will be something.

      Delete
  2. Love the quilt on your bed with all the blocks of various sizes. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. It was the moda block heads 2 sew along. Still have to finish blockheads 3 and sew together blockheads 1. :)

      Delete
  3. HOw exciting to be planning another road trip in your van. The new quilt looks great! Do you have any restrictions travelling inter-state with Covid being around? We have just returned home after 3 weeks tripping around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jenny, just waiting on the wet season to finish - a little longer now there is a new cyclone forming up north. There are some restrictions in some states with 14 day quarantines, but WA has no restrictions on Queenslanders now. Of course we will have to keep an eye on the ever changing restrictions. Lovely to travel again.

      Delete
  4. it looks very lovely on your bed!! Enjoy your trips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alycia - third time lucky, its a big trip of 6 months plus. First plans were a no go due to new granddaughter in 2018, second plans 2020 - say no more! So here we are, 2021 with fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. What a pretty quilt, Allison. I loved reading your post about taking along your quilting while camping. My hubby and I plan to do a lot of camping when he retires. We enjoy free camping too. I look forward to reading more of your quilting/camping adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Roosters quilt! Doesn't it look wonderful on the bed? It must be hard to do any quilting when on the road, but you sure make it work! That Paper Lanterns quilt will be super special when it's finished. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made always beautiful quilt! Anyway, Broadway Fabrics is here with an amazing Quilt Patterns from Notions Supplies. Check the dazzling range now!

    ReplyDelete