Saturday 19 December 2020

Messy House Catch Up December

I like this time of the year - Christmas and Bonnie Hunter's Mystery. A few years ago we would always have Christmas on the Bellinger River. Being the middle of Summer it would always be a cold yummy lunch - that we would graze on all day. The mystery quilt would be sewn before and after Christmas day, with a view of the river.

This year is different for EVERYONE! We will still have a lovely cold seafood lunch and a hot Christmas Eve chicken dinner, but the sewing view will probably be a view of Netflix 😏.

The last few weeks has been all about Grassy Creek Mystery, although I am not using green, so may have to change the name. Clue one was to be grey and gold - I used grey and aqua.

Clue two was fun and easy to make. It was suppose to be gold, neutral and green. As I had changed my gold to aqua, the greens didn't really go together, so I changed that to purple. I really am trying hard not to use pink - getting out of my comfort zone.

Then along came clue 3 and more neutral with red and orange. What to do. The red is good with the colours I've changed but I wasn't so sure about the orange so had to audition all the different oranges I had with the clues already made. I had used most of my neutrals on clue 2 so a trip to buy more white on white fabric. Of course I bought more than the whites, got some more aquas, reds and some lovely panels. I had to unpick a whole section because I made a mistake - oops! After a few night sleep thinking about whether to use orange or green or a different colour I decided the orange would be okay with what I have.

Now to move onto clue 4 this weekend.

I have been posting each week, but now that we can freely travel the country I'm going to try to keep up with a post twice a month, with my travel blog in between.

Here's my Link Up Party List - enjoy.

Whoop whoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party

8 comments:

  1. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised by your choices. I love a teal/aqua and purple color scheme. You see it a lot in nature. The pop of orange is the perfect complimentary color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gwyned, I thought so too, but now I'm thinking it will be a Halloween Quilt with the purple and orange so close together. It's a mystery, so we will see.

      Delete
  2. All of these colors look beautiful together! I’m having fun watching this mystery quilt come together on several blogs.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. I love mystery quilts.

      Delete
  3. Loving your color combo! I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these colors! This will be beautiful when you get it done. Bonnie's quilt patterns always are, aren't they? Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same Elna model! I bought mine 38 years ago--my first sewing machine and still a great traveler!

    ReplyDelete