Tuesday 19 December 2017

Ringo Lake Catch Up

Home from a wonderful New Zealand Cruise and back to the sewing machine. I didn't do a lot of sewing on the trip, only a few hexies. I'm 'sew' glad I completed part 1 before I left, so only had two parts to catch up on. As I wrote in the last blog, part one was easy being 9 patch, and as in previous Bonnie mysteries, I'm only doing half the blocks. I also got to add some more 'coral' shaded fabric from the trip for part two.
Part 2 wasn't too bad, and I do like bonus triangles. I'm not sure what I will do with them yet, maybe in a border, or on my quilted jacket.
Part 3 used the same colours, and wow, more bonus triangles. I have rather a lot now ... way too many to even count! There were a lot more pieces in part 3, so it took me longer ... and then there was the ironing. I don't like ironing, but these pieces needed it.
I haven't started part 4 yet and still plan to have part 4 complete before part 5 on Friday. I haven't had a lot of time to do other sewing, but I did catch up on my YouTube subscriptions of Midnight Quilt Show, Simply Colorful Fibre Cast and a few cruising vblogs. On Simply Colorful, host Lynn showed us some quick and easy Christmas Coasters to make and they really are quick and simple. I'm going to make some more today before starting part 4.

Click here for Bonnie's Monday Link Up to see what others are doing.

2 comments:

  1. You are coming along very well with your Ringo Lake blocs, even with time away from the sewing machine. Pleased to read that you had great time on your NZ cruise - which ports did you visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the usual cruise ship ports - Bay of Islands, Auckland, Tauranga, Picton, Wellington, Akaroa, Port Chalmers, and then cruising the three sounds. Absolutely beautiful. I'll be posting in the travel blog later today - maybe, still some sewing to do.

    ReplyDelete