Saturday 23 March 2024

Purple Scraps

Have you noticed a lot of purple this month? As I get back into more regular home sewing, I pulled out my purple scraps to use as leaders/enders for my sewing as purple is the March colour for RSC.

With a lot of strips I decided to make some hearts. I used a scrap-booking template to make a large and small heart using photocopy paper as I've run out of freezer paper. I find it works just as well.

While sewing I needed to make a luggage tag for little Miss Mackenzie for school ... and purple is her favourite colour. Convenient.

I am happy with how it turned out and plan to make some more this week. Maybe in different colours.

This coming week I plan to also quilt a Christmas picnic quilt that I started last October - at least it will be finished by next Christmas; and get a start of catching up on ModaBlockHeads5 part 2.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty (on a break until May)

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

 

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of making a luggage tag from fabric. It would certainly help distinguish one bag from another on an airport carousel. So much luggage looks alike these days. The Purple Hearts look great. I can imagine all sorts of ways to showcase those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that luggage tag! So pretty and practical too. Those scrappy hearts are adorable! Love those purple scraps. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/20/wednesday-wait-loss-372

    ReplyDelete