Tuesday 20 December 2011

Progress on Part Three

The thought of all those tiny triangles gave me cause for thought - there has to be a better way. So with some trial and error I worked out that if I lay a light on a dark 5 inch square, I can make 8 half square units.

This was plan two 4.75" and the blocks were about 1/16 too small, so I added 1/4" and the blocks are good. I do have to be careful to sew on the lines, and the lines need to be exact, but once sewing I can chain sew quickly.
Draw the two diagonals first.

 Then the two cross lines - these are the cutting lines after sewing.
I also drew the sewing lines 1/4" of each side of the diagonals.
I've check a lot of the finished units and a few need trimming to make 2"  squares, but I'm fine with that.

I've made 40 units tonight - 5 lots of 8. Will do some more tomorrow and then start

I need 350 units, so that is 44 pairs of 5" squares needed - 39 to go.

Happy Sewing




No comments:

Post a Comment